This Association is established exclusively for educational
purposes to serve the professional interests of librarians, archivists, and other specialists
actively engaged in the librarianship of the history of the health sciences by promoting
the exchange of information and by improving standards of service.
News (5 February 2019)
News (29 January 2019)
News (24 January 2019)
The Welcome Message/Preliminary Announcement from Local Arrangements co-chairs Judith Wiener and Jennifer Nieves for ALHHS/MeMA-2019 is available. Join colleagues at our meeting hosted at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio from 24-25 April 2019.
News (21 January 2019)
The Winter 2019 issue of The Watermark is available online. Highlights include:
- Watermark Editor and ALHHS President messages
- Welcome to Columbus, site of the 2019 ALHHS/MeMA annual meeting
- 2019 Annual Meeting program
- Calls for awards nominations
- Call for travel scholarship applications
- MeMA Notes
- Member profiles
- News from the History of Medicine Division at NLM
- News from the Historical Medical Library, College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- News of repositories and members
- Book reviews
News (2 December 2018)
The 2019 ALHHS New and Renewed Membership Form
is available (for membership based on the calendar year 2019). Starting with renewals and new memberships for 2019, a "Google Docs" online form collects membership data, replacing the old fillable-PDF format. A PayPal option is available for making payment online; or, checks may be mailed to the Treasurer. If you have questions, contact Phoebe Evans Letocha (ALHHS Treasurer) at: alhhs.treasurer AT gmail.com.
- Call for Program Proposals -- Message from 2019 Program Committee Chair Lisa Mix on November 4 to ALHHS-L:
The 2019 Program Committee seeks your participation in the ALHHS/MeMA Annual Meeting, taking place on Thursday, April 25, in Columbus, Ohio. We have some exciting plans in store for the 2019 meeting, and success depends on hearing from a wide range of our members.
First, Iím delighted to announce that the 2019 meeting will feature a special-focus panel on intersections and partnerships between museums and libraries/archives, chaired by James Edmonson.† Please consider presenting as part of this panel.
Next, by popular demand, this meeting will include a poster session, along with traditional†paper/presentations and lightning talks.† So, there are a variety of ways to shine a light on the good work that you all are doing, and share your insights with your colleagues.†
Based on the feedback from the 2018 meeting, our members are most interested in the following topics:
- Born-digital archives and challenges related to paper and/or digital preservation
- New outreach and programming initiatives
- Examples of digital humanities projects and infrastructure
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Embedding our collections in the curriculum
However, please do not feel limited by the above.† We welcome presentations on any topic of interest and relevance to our membership.
Please submit your proposal using the form at https://goo.gl/forms/K9e1DbQwuqEJiMIR2.† If proposing a paper/presentation, please indicate whether you want to be considered for the special-focus panel.
The deadline for submitting proposals is Monday, December 10, 2018.† We will notify proposers of our decisions in early January, to give members sufficient time to make their travel requests and plans.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Program Committee Chair, Lisa Mix, at: email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Columbus!